|Back to News|
November 14, 2004|
Introducing Travel Holdings, Inc.
Orlando, November 2004 - Travel Holdings, Inc. is where the world shops for travel. It is the only on-demand, worldwide, multi-channel travel distribution network. With a combined 20 years in travel distribution and service to the world tourism market, Travel Holdings was formed by uniting the consumer market penetration of LastMinuteTravel.com with the wholesale clout of Tourico Holidays and the empowering technology of Travel Global Systems (TGS).
“The new company is truly one of the most innovative and diverse travel distribution companies in the world”, said Alan Greenberg, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Travel Holdings. “Travel Holdings creates incremental revenue for the entire online travel sector - retail, wholesale, group, travel agent, corporate and affiliate while providing a seamless, swift and a reliable interface in the global marketplace for hotel rooms, airline tickets, rental cars, cruises and vacation packages. It is the only global travel company of its kind,” added Greenberg.
The business objective of Travel Holdings is to offer multiple distribution channels to travel suppliers that focus on year-round global and incremental revenues that the supplier would not effectively be able to procure on his own. At the same time, Travel Holdings delivers consumers an incomparable price-value relationship.
Headquartered in Orlando and with technology operations in Tel Aviv, Travel Holdings serves customers in 122 countries. By supplying proprietary global travel inventory and technology at highly competitive pricing, Travel Holdings integrates with every segment of the travel industry including retail, wholesale, group, travel agents, corporate and affiliates.
Recent Company Highlights Include:
Travel Holdings, Inc. is a privately held corporation, led by Alan Greenberg, CEO and Chairman of the Board, and Uri Argov, President. The Company has its worldwide headquarters in Orlando. For more information, email: email@example.com.
- Travel Holdings, Inc. formed by the merger of LastMinuteTravel.com, Travel Global Systems (TGS) and Tourico Holidays, Inc.
- The new company is now the largest US based global receptive tour operator
- Completed a $13,000,000 institutional placement led by Libra Securities
- Inc. Magazine Names Travel Holdings to the “Inc 500”
- Travel Holdings signs its 10,000th merchant hotel contract
- 37 airlines sign net rate contracts
- Global receptive business grows to 2,500 tour operators in 122 countries
- 92 dedicated Web sites launched in 2004
- 24/7 call center expanded to serve 23 languages
- Europe and South America expansion completed
- Company enters China, South Africa, Middle East and India
- OneMinuteBooking.com launched to serve US travel agents
- Travel Global Systems launches point-to-point dynamic packaging
- Travel Global Systems launches direct-connect capability
- 60 host-to-host connections launched with global tour operators
- Extranet launched
- Caching system launched
- Automatic accounts reconciliation technology deployed
- LastMinuteTravel.com launches a new User Interface
- LastMinuteTravel.com, in partnership with Overseas Media, to launch Russian website and business affiliate
- Translation to Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew and Russian completed for international URLs
- Direct Connect to Choice Hotels established
- Direct Connect to Jumpstart and Galileo established
|Back to News|